The Epitome of Faded Grandeur

Today, while searching for some inspiration, I stumbled upon this website. I assume it is for people looking for fabulous movie locations (most of which seem to be in Europe). I was looking for Victorian era kitchens and was pleased to find many wonderful examples. This abandoned castle took my breath away.



I will post some better examples of Victorian Era kitchens, but this image definitely needs to be discussed. The back left part of the picture shows the built in cabinetry and the right side shows the stove. I now see where Clive Christian got his inspiration...period kitchens. I am so in love!

This appears to be another kitchen in the castle. I could stare at these photos for hours.
The stove again, in the main kitchen. Is that subway tile I see?

Beautiful Details!
If you look closely, you can see the delicate mural that adorns the walls in this room.


I love the shade of blue in this room.
This is my favorite room. I guess it was the library or a ballroom. If I had lived here it would have definitely been used as my ballroom.
I have had a love for old abandoned homes for years. My mother had this book about anti-bellum homes in Louisiana that I used to pour through when I was a child. I never grew tired of those images. I have so many questions for this castle. Who lived here? Why did they abandon it? There must be someone out there who would want to live here. It is kind of sad that no one gets to live amongst these beautiful rooms. I am so happy that I found this website and this castle. I will visit these pictures often for inspiration and post some of the beautiful Victorian kitchens that I found real soon!

3 comments:

Sara Baldwin said...

I ADORE all these photos. You certainly have great taste, and really enjoy your blog!

Kerry Flanagan said...

Thanks Sara! You should check out the location works website. There are numerous houses just like this one to day dream about!!

urbanadventuresofkeitei said...

Love this place! The photos don't do it justice - it's something you have to experience for yourself~
~ lovely blog :)