KBIS 2013 - Part 1



KBIS – The national kitchen and bath industry show arrived in New Orleans at the convention center a few weekends ago.  Designers and vendors from all over the world gathered in the Crescent City to talk kitchen and bath.   This was my first KBIS experience, so it took two days to soak it all in.


Wilsonart was the first booth that we visited. Right off the bat, the walnut laminate caught my eye. I have never used laminate on a project, but if you are looking for a beautiful low cost alternative for a table or island.. this walnut laminate by Wilsonart would be a perfect choice.



A few of my favorite moments at KBIS were meeting the designers that inspire my work. This year at KBIS, I had the pleasure of meeting Susan Serra and sit in on her design demonstration. I have been following her kitchen design blog, The Kitchen Designer, for a few years now and was excited to hear her speak in person.


Ventahood rolled out a few new innovative hoods for KBIS.   The hood pictured above had an interesting mix of painted metal, mirrored stainless steel trim, and brass accents.  It would be fitting above a La Cornue range.  


I was really impressed with EMTEK's line of cabinet hardware.  This was a fabulous new take on the common bar pull!


 EMTEK also had a collection of door hardware that caught my eye.  I love how clean these door knobs are! 

 

Caesarstone's booth was definitely the most fun of all and of course they showcased their new 2013 colors in dramatic fashion.....beautiful life size samples!


 They also had a wonderful bar in which I might have had a few tasty samples from.



The most exciting moment was getting to listen to Mick deGuilio, famous kitchen designer, speak at the Caesarstone booth.  Mick de Guilio designed the 2012 kitchen of the year for House Beautiful magazine.  


Later I got to speak with him and of course take a picture with him.  I was in designer HEAVEN!

I will be back later in the week with more on my KBIS experience.  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: