A Classic Bathroom with a Modern Flair

I found this bathroom at Southernliving.com several months ago and cannot get enough of it. I love it. The traditional cream colored cabinets work perfectly with the stained concrete floor and coppery colored marble.
The stainless edge around the marble countertops adds a modern flair. I think that my favorite thing about this bathroom has to be the criss-cross doors with the mirror inserts. I love how the designer repeated this theme above the mirrors on the wall. It really ties the design together.

The built in linen cabinets are so wonderful. The tall stack of drawers and the open shelving in the middle give the design a furniture feel---and what a perfect place for a television. Can you imagine having this much storage in a bathroom?

The exposed brick walls around the tub are another feature that I am crazy about. The window panes behind the tub are yet another genious way to mix modern with traditional. What a lovely bathroom. I would die to be able to unwind in a space like this.
Photos by Laurey W. Glenn
The article can be found here.

No comments: